This February weather is really flexing its muscles with ice and snow storms charging through the US! We thought you could benefit from this warm and delicious twist to a classic: Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa!
- 1 cup milk of choice I used almond milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice: honey, maple or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp Bees Knees Honey Peanut Butter
- 0.5 oz dark chocolate 15 g, optional but recommended
- homemade whipped cream or coconut whipped cream
- 1 drizzle melted peanut butter
- 1 drizzle melted dark chocolate
In a saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until it's warm (but not boiling). Whisk in cocoa powder, salt, sweetener and then peanut butter. (this is where you add the dark chocolate, if using)
Ladle in a mug, top with whipped cream and drizzle with melted peanut butter and dark chocolate. Serve immediately!
TO MAKE VEGAN: use a plant-based milk like almond or cashew, sweeten with coconut sugar or maple syrup, use a dairy-free chocolate and top with coconut whipped cream!