This is the BEST banana bread recipe with chocolate chips you need in your kitchen. This peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread has all of life's essentials: Peanut butter, banana bread, and chocolate. You really can't get much better than that!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cup mashed banana about 3-4 bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened or sweetened
- 1/2 cup Bees Knees Honey Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup canola OR vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips (or try peanut butter chips!
Heat oven to 350°. Spray two 8x4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray. (You can also use 4-5 miniature loaf pans instead. There is too much batter for just one 9x5-inch loaf pan so don't try and do that.)
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir with a whisk to break up any clumps. In a separate smaller bowl, combine the mashed bananas, applesauce, peanut butter, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Use a whisk (I use the same one from before) and mix together.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Divide the batter between the two pans. Each pan should only be about halfway full. Sprinkle some additional chocolate chips on top (if wanted).
Bake for 45-50 minutes. Cover loosely with foil (just lay a piece of tin foil over top the loaf pans) for the last 15 minutes of cooking so the bread does not get to browned.
* The best way to check for doneness is to insert a toothpick in the middle to make sure no wet batter comes out. The toothpick should be dry or have crumbs on it.Let the bread cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes and then take it out and let cool on a cooling rack completely. Yum!